Hiya, my names Charlene im 17 and am doing a dissertation on gun laws and gun crime in the US. Im interested to hear opinions of young people in America.
1. What are your thoughts on the assault weapon ban?
2. What do you think of the NRA?
3. Do you think that politicians are fair when saying rap music influences gun crime?
4. Do you know anyone that owns a gun or have one yourself?
5. Would you like your government to make tougher laws for all of America to prevent guns getting into dangerous hands?
I think alot of people (especially those in cities) own guns for the status and power that goes with it. Thats definately why people in the UK have guns. Obviously I realise that some people feel they need one for protection for themselves and of their family. However you hear in the news far more stories of innocent people being attacked with guns, than stories of people shooting others in self-defence.
Please leave any comments you have on my statement and answers to the questions. Whether you agree or disagree I'd like to read your opinions.
If anyone would be interested in helping me to gather public opinions about guns in the US id be really grateful. Download political_attitude_survey.doc