In Scotland, the class discussed what borders were important to them and how these borders made them who they were. We also looked at what people thought of Scotland - what makes Scottish people Scottish?
Here are some of the borders that were picked out as being important to the class:
- Borders give peace and quiet (eg: walls between houses/classrooms)
- They give privacy to people
- They keep poor and rich people apart (the Equator seems to be a border that 'attracts' poorer nations; the West seems to be richer than the East);
- There are lots of local towns near Musselburgh that have borders with us (see the other posts)
- Football teams create borders, sometimes bad ones in Scotland
- Religion creates borders (Protestant / Catholic)
We are going to record a small radio interview about these next week.
The class of 2M.